- Tel:020 7091 2700
Employment Law for Businesses in London
UK employment law is constantly evolving and staying abreast of the latest developments is increasingly difficult. It is therefore important to ensure that expert legal advice is obtained to ensure compliance with your duties as an employer.
As an employer, you should ensure that you are familiar with this extensive area of the law, which will apply from the moment your business is formed and will continue to be relevant throughout the life of your business, including in restructures, takeovers and insolvency situations.
The implications of an employer’s noncompliance with their legal obligations can be far reaching. It can tarnish a company’s reputation and be costly, both financially and in terms of reduced productivity from a demoralised workforce.
Our team of experienced employment solicitors advise and assist HR professionals, owner managers and senior managers in the following ways:
- Drafting contracts of employment for all levels of staff and negotiating director’s service agreements
- Drafting HR policies and procedures
- Drafting staff handbooks
- Providing day-to-day advice on handling HR issues, such as disciplinary procedures, long-term sickness absence and capability issues
- Representing clients in the Employment Tribunal to defend claims such as unfair dismissal, breach of contract or discrimination claims
- Taking clients through the process to be followed in relation to redundancy and group consultation
- Providing advice in relation to the implementation and enforcement of restrictive covenants, intellectual property rights and rights in relation to confidential information
- Advising clients on the employment aspects of business reorganisation, takeovers and outsourcing under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE)
- Negotiating the settlement of employment disputes and drafting settlement agreements
You can find out more about our services for employees here.
Are your employment contracts up to scratch? Download our free fact sheet here
- Lisa Judd
- Senior Associate
- 07920 238856
Talk to one of our lawyers about employment law Meet the team
Fisher Meredith’s employment solicitors will guide you through all aspects of the employment relationship, providing timely and cost-effective legal advice and support that is tailored to your business requirements and culture.
We also go beyond providing advice and support and understand that you want to minimise your reliance on outside help. So that you can make an initial assessment of any situation, we ensure you are kept up-to-date with the latest developments though seminars, in-house training and regular emailed employment law updates.
Should your business require assistance on any aspect of employment law, our employment solicitors can guide you through the raft of employment legislation to help your business achieve the right outcome.
For initial legal advice or to arrange a meeting with one of our Employment law solicitors, please contact us on 020 7091 2700.